Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jim Corbett National Park: From An Eye Of Documentarian

I have been to various forests and sanctuaries and documented various panoramic sceneries. But let me tell you I have nothing seen as beautiful as Jim Corbett National Park. Definition for beauty varies individual to individual. And as far as my definition is concerned, I simply believe beauty is raw and its purest form. Jim Corbett is one of its kind wildlife reserves where you can see untouched beauty. The very moment I entered this park, I fell in love with it. And the best thing I did over here was Safari. It was in fact the best experience in my entire career. Exploring jungle in such a unique way was simply amazing. I never got so many panoramic views to click in single journey.

But before briefing you about my experience, let me give you some information on Jim Corbett. This park is situated in north Indian state of Uttaranchal. It is spread in an area of over 500 sq kms and is mainly known for its tigers. This is one of the main tiger reserves in the world. However, there are loads of others Indian wild animals too. Tourists come in huge number every year to this park to experience these wild beauties.

Having said that, I was one of the privileged ones to visit Corbett in the prime season that is November. My stay was in Dhikala, which is yet another beautiful place in Corbett. The forest lodge is said to be the main highlight of the region with lush greenery and fresh air around. After checking in the hotel, I was all set with camera and other equipment. And my very first encounter with Corbett was a Jeep Safari. Jeep safari helped me set my camera and let me shoot scenes around without any problem. I was lucky to shoot various creatures. The three hour safari is must for every filmmaker and photographer who is coming to Corbett. Not only it’s the abundance of the scenes but the zeal in the air to express your art. It’s so inspirational and motivating. And the creatures, they are not shy at all. Well, the first day was full on action and gratifying for me. Having clicked over 200 pictures and some video clips in that three hour journey, I was on cloud nine. The day one was simply fantastic. After journey I had my dinner but what to expect tomorrow was all on my mind.

On second day, it was an elephant safari. Initially, I struggled to set my camera but soon I realized this can be the best position to shoot. Elephant safari is simply wonderful experience. Elephants are so well trained that at times you believe they are the only ones to know about the jungle. The jungle safari In Corbett with elephants is like dream come true for any filmmaker.

Last day was a short Corbett jeep safari added on my film making stint. It was really good as I had got an opportunity to shoot the scenes which I missed last time. Overall it was fantastic. I will urge every filmmaker and documentary to visit Corbett to make a great wildlife film.

Popular Posts