Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Encantada Resort

As soon as you enter one of the biggest clubhouses I’ve ever seen, in Encantada Resort, you get the dark wooden doors, exotic palm fronds and wicker furniture of an English Caribbean Colonial plantation. From the pictures of tranquil sailboats amongst amber-colored shores, to the impressionist palm leaves frozen in mid-sway, by the concierge desk, you are ready for your piña colada by the pool. Large glass panels separate the offices in charge of keeping this tropical paradise running smoothly, so that a few feet away you can sit on a comfortable sofa sipping on a rum and Coke without a worry in the world, knowing that every question will be answered, every need will be fulfilled.As I sit in the spacious chair I glance up at the gigantic skylight into a perfectly-blue Floridian sky, and I thank the gods of plenty for the chance to spend a relaxing afternoon, and getting paid for it. It’s a living.But the present world intrudes as I connect my computer through the available high-speed internet connection and file my report, while at the same time I watch one of my favorite shows on the huge plasma TV set. I’m informed by Christy, the friendly concierge, that amongst the already existing amenities, some future additions include a pool table and state-of-art arcade.I reluctantly leave the comforts of my clubhouse (I can dream) and the fully-stocked bar and step outside to one of two pools located here, this one just outside French windows. The pool area, being lakeside with beautiful earth-toned tiles, tropical landscaping and lakeside location, has a distinctive Mediterranean feel. The gazebo at the edge of the lake looks especially inviting.Around the corner I find the gym. The Nautilus Universal Weights Machine and treadmill, as well as two plasma televisions, makes it very tempting to work out that extra portion of ham and eggs I had this morning. Now, imagine all of this, just minutes away from Walt Disney World and all the other attractions. If you think it’s too good to be true, it’s not! The beautiful luxury homes are available to rent for visiting families. It’s the perfect way to visit the Sunshine State in style without feeling like a tourist.These townhomes are around 1200 square feet of home, sweet home, with full kitchen, dining and living rooms, laundry room and some of them with their own pools. And when you stay in one of these wonderful homes you get full access to the clubhouse and all of its amenities.Some of these houses are, I’m informed, even available to buy, and after seeing them as well as the future plans this great resort has planned, it’s something my wife and I will seriously consider.The word “ENCANTADA” is the Spanish word for “Enchanted”. A better moniker could not be found. As I drove away I found myself enchanted and with definite plans to see this tropical paradise again.For more details please visit Encantada Resort

Popular Posts